The limited extension (through AB 2179) of California’s eviction protections for tenants with pending rental assistance applications end June 30, 2022. Starting July 1, 2022 the notice requirements and special eviction procedures originally enacted by the COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act (CTRA) and the COVID-19 Rental Housing Recovery Act (Recovery Act) no longer apply.
In this 30 minute webinar we will provide an overview of the status of CTRA and the Recovery Act as of July 1, 2022, including:
• Three-Day Notices for Non-Payment of Rent and Other Amounts Due On or After October 1, 2021
• Status of Special Eviction Procedures for Notices Served on or After July 1, 2022
• Ongoing 15-Day Notice Requirement for Amounts Due Prior to October 1, 2021
• Preemption of New and Extended Local Ordinances that Protect Non-Paying Tenants
• Provisions of CTRA that Do Not Expire
Heidi Palutke, Education, Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Embert P. Madison, Jr, State Advocacy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Original Broadcast Date: July 2022
On-Demand Cost: Free for CAA Member/ $50 Non-Member
Estimated Course Length: 30 Min.
This includes access to the On-Demand webinar only