"Can I raise the rent for my unit?” This simple question is one all landlords need to know the correct answer. Unfortunately, there is not one answer as there are a patchwork of laws that impact any given situation.
Please join our webinar to learn about the types of laws that affect the ability to raise rent and summarize how they work.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
• An Introduction to Rent Control
• Overview of Local Rent Control Ordinances
• Statewide Rent Control Under AB 1482
• California’s Anti-Price Gouging Law
• Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
• Providing Notice of Rent Increase
Heidi Palutke, Education, Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Embert P. Madison, State Advocacy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Original Broadcast Date: May 2022
On-Demand Cost: $49 CAA Member/ $89 Non-Member
Estimated Course Length: 1 Hr.
Qualifies for 1 Unit of CCRM Continuing Education Credit for current CCRM Certified Individuals.