San Jose and Santa Clara County will distribute close to $60 million of emergency rental assistance with payments going directly to landlords. This is in addition to funds the state will allocate directly to local owners.
To help local owners understand the local program, CAA is hosting an informational webinar to discuss the different rental assistance programs, their requirements, the application timeline, and required documentation.
This event will help rental housing providers navigate the requirements and answer critical questions:
• Are there programs that’ll fully pay off rent arrears or do I have to forgive a portion of rent?
• Can landlords apply directly?
• What are the eligibility requirements?
• Can a tenant/landlord participate in multiple rental assistance programs?
• Can a tenant on monthly federal assistance, like Section 8, apply for emergency rental assistance?
• Michelle McGurk, Assistant to the City Manager, City of San Jose
• Consuelo Hernandez, Office of Supportive Housing, County of Santa Clara
• Chad Bojorguez, Chief Program Officer, Destination: Home
• Moderator: Anil Babbar, CAA Senior Vice President of Local Public Affairs Location:
$20 per member / $59 for non-members
Qualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit