San Mateo County will collectively distribute $47 million of emergency rental assistance in 2021 with payments going directly to landlords. These funds are available exclusively to San Mateo County housing providers. Learn more about this rental assistance program, which pays 80% of the back rent that affected tenants owe.
This CAA webinar will help housing providers in San Mateo County navigate a maze of requirements, receive a tutorial on the application process, and answer critical questions:
- Are there programs that will fully pay off rent arrears or do I have to forgive a portion of rent?
- Can landlords apply directly?
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- Can a tenant/landlord participate in multiple rental assistance programs?
- Can a tenant on monthly federal assistance like Section 8 apply for emergency rental assistance?
This informative webinar will feature guest speakers from the San Mateo County who serve as subject-matter experts:
- Ken Cole, Agency Director, Human Services of Agency, County of San Mateo
- La Trice Taylor, Associate Director of Programs & Services, Samaritan House
CAA’s Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, Rhovy Lyn Antonio moderate the presentation. Location:
$10 per member / $49 for non-membersQualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit