Effective January 1, 2020, AB 1482 requires most landlord in California to make significant change to how they do business. This webinar explains the rent control and just cause provisions of the law and provides a step by step guide to compliance including:
Qualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit for current CCRM Certified Individuals.
• Determining if your property is subject to AB 1482
• Which disclosures must be served to tenants
• Calculating Rent Increases under the 5% +CPI cap
• Determining if you tenants are protected by just cause
• Setting policies for adding new tenants to a unit
• Renewal/termination options at the end of the initial year of tenancy
• Renewal/termination options for tenants protected by Just Cause
Ninder Grewal, Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Stephanie Shirkey, Senior Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Original Broadcast Date: January 2022
On-Demand Cost: $49 CAA Member/ $89 Non-Member
Estimated Course Length: 1 Hr.