The 2020 Rental/Lease Agreements have been updated to comply with AB 1482, which imposes rent caps and just cause eviction restrictions on many properties in California. The Agreements have also been revised to include many of the addenda that were previously separate documents. The Rental/Lease Agreement is at the heart of the landlord-tenant relationship, so it’s crucial that you understand what provisions are included and what they mean.
Qualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit
This webinar provides a paragraph-by-paragraph explanation of the entire CAA Rental/Lease Agreement, including the provisions that were changed for 2019:
• AB 1482 Disclosure of Exemption – Single Family Homes and Condos
• AB 1482 Applicability of Rent Caps and Just Cause
• AB 1482 Owner Move In Provision
• AB 1482 Denial of Entry – Just Cause for Eviction
• Added prohibitions: swimming pools, outdoor gas heaters
• “Spare the Air” and Water Conservation Rules
• Unlawful Activity Prohibition
• Mold Prevention
• Political Signs and Satellite Dishes
• Attorney Fee Provision
Heidi Palutke, Senior VP, Compliance and Education, California Apartment Association
Stephanie Shirkey, Senior Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
This includes access to the On-Demand webinar only.