The COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic crisis have a lot of landlords more interested in participating in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program. With so many California residents out of work, having the government pay some – possibly even most – of the rent sounds like a pretty good deal. Learn more about how this program works in this webinar.
This webinar will provide an overview of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, including:
• Effect of new state rent control and anti-discrimination laws on program participation
• How the program is structured
• Special screening requirements for Section 8 applicants
• Procedures for rent payments and increases
• Rules for terminating the tenancy
Whitney Prout, Legal and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Joseph Carroll, Attorney at Law
On-Demand Cost: $49 CAA Member/ $89 Non-Member
Estimated Course Length: 1 Hr.
Qualifies for 1 Unit of CCRM Continuing Education Credit for current CCRM Certified Individuals.